Davis-Standard, LLC is a global leader in the design, development and manufacture of extrusion systems, feedscrews, barrels and process controls for the flexible web converting, plastics processing and rubber industries. We supply extruders and extrusion systems for blown film, blow molding, cast film, compounding and pelletizing, elastomer, extrusion coating and laminating, fiber, laboratory, pipe, profile and tubing, reclaim, sheet, wire and cable, and wood fiber applications. We also manufacture solution coating equipment to service the flexible web converting industry.
Davis-Standard was established in 1848 as a cotton gin machinery manufacturer. Davis-Standard entered into extruder manufacturing in 1948 and by 1955 was making equipment for the wire and cable, plastic and rubber industries. Since then, the company has grown to include the Betol, Black Clawson Converting Machinery, Brookes, Clipper Machines, Egan, ER-WE-PA GmbH, Harrel, Killion, KU-KA-MA, Merritt Extruder, NRM Extrusion, Repiquet and Sterling product lines. Davis-Standard is globally recognized for extensive feedscrew technology, durable equipment and innovation across all product lines.
Black Clawson Converting Machinery got its start in 1867 under the name Dilts Machine Works, serving local flour, pulp and paper mills. By 1940, the company was manufacturing extruders and became the first to pioneer technologies in extrusion coating and pelletizing. This was followed by equipment for foil, paper, board, plastics and film applications. The company was the first to manufacture an internally deckled extrusion coating die for North America and Europe, and to engineer a seven-layer cast film stretch line.
Egan which was started from humble beginnings in 1946 by Frank Egan run out of his house grew to a major force in the converting equipment industry. By the time of his passing Mr. Egan had established a company with a global reach and a reputation for innovation.
ER-WE-PA GmbH was founded in 1951 as a paper machine manufacturer in Germany. ER-WE-PA extended their business by joining forces with Egan of Somerville, New Jersey, and began making plastic processing machinery for the converting industry.
Today, Black Clawson Converting Machinery, Egan and ER-WE-PA comprise the Davis-Standard Converting Systems Group with leading technology in the fields of extrusion coating and laminating, liquid coating, cast film, blown film and winders.
To support its global customer base, Davis-Standard is structured into two operating units, Converting Systems and Extrusion Systems. The Converting Systems Group encompasses cast film, blown film, pelletizing, liquid coating, blow molding, extrusion coating and winding applications. The Extrusion Systems Group includes fiber, sheet, elastomer, laboratory and specialty systems, wire and cable, pipe, profile and tubing, compounding, recycle and reclaim process areas.
Davis-Standard has three manufacturing facilities in the United States as well as one at each of its subsidiaries in Germany and the United Kingdom. Sales or representative offices are located in France, Russia, the Philippines and China. Research and development centers are located in Pawcatuck, Connecticut; Bridgewater, New Jersey; and Fulton, New York.
Davis-Standard serves customers in the agricultural, automotive, building, flexible packaging, medical, web converting, and consumer and industrial product industries.
- to supply technologically advanced solutions to the global polymer processing industry, providing exceptional value to the customer
- to achieve total customer satisfaction by understanding the customer's needs and exceeding the customer's expectations, thereby ensuring the customer's success
- to deliver a quality, reliable product on time, every time
- to respond quickly to all inquiries and provide the highest quality service over the life of the product
- to continuously eliminate non-value added activities throughout the organization
- to continually improve the capabilities of our employees and treat them as valued contributors to the success of our company
- to provide and maintain a healthy and safe working environment
- to conduct all business in an ethical manner and be a good neighbor to the communities in which we reside
- to meet or exceed the expectations of all our stakeholders
Our Culture, The 6 C's
- Customer Focus
- Continuous Improvement
- Cash Conversion Cycle
- Cost Reduction