Our world-class extrusion coating and laminating technology has a foundation that is based on the strengths of our heritage brands – Black Clawson Converting Machinery, Egan, and ER-WE-PA. This foundation has enabled Davis-Standard to create a series of extrusion coating product platforms that lead the industry to include the DS300, DS450, and DS750 product lines. The DS300 is engineered for customers wishing to enter new markets or grow their business with a modest investment. The DS450 offers great output and automation, with the DS750 offering the fastest line speeds and most options for large-scale production applications. In addition, our product range includes everything from laboratory-size lines for product testing to 5-meter-wide lines serving industrial materials markets. Innovations from each brand have been combined to support the global marketplace and individual customer needs. We offer standardized platforms to address various customer requirements in cost-effective packages at all levels of sophistication.
We understand that extrusion coating and laminating converters want the best possible process and control solutions to ensure product quality while limiting production costs; we support that mindset. Our sub-components seamlessly integrate into a process line to allow for custom configurations, including various levels of unwinding and winding equipment, to address both the product being run and budget. Our R&D team continually collects theoretical and practical run data to develop highly efficient extrusion systems to achieve desired results. Our Integrator and Exact control systems provide flexible, intuitive operator interfaces to simplify line operation. Upgrades to existing lines built by us or others can extend the life of your equipment at a reasonable cost and payback.
Features & Benefits
- Melt QualityOur extruders are equipped with Davis-Standard screws to deliver the most uniform melt temperatures on the market. Stable output throughout the entire range allows process optimization at lower speeds with predictable performance and only minor adjustment at higher speeds.
- Custom ConfigurationsOur experienced design staff utilizes different configurations to install the right number of extruders with the right screws and output capacities to process your full range of products. Vertical gearboxes, low profile bases, cantilevered mountings, and separate die supports are all proven options.
- Profile UniformityDavis-Standard was one of the first OEM's to embrace computer controlled APC control. Today, our Series 50 dies with internal deckling and automatic thermocouple feedback adjusting bolts are running at widths up to 3.5 meters. We use gauging systems from industry leaders that employ beta and infrared technology in a complex system to get the most accurate measurements of individual layers in your structure.
- Automated HandlingSet-up "on the fly" is a concept we understand. Our Integrator control system can position various components along the line according to individual product recipes. Electronic actuators are used to position guide sensors, die deckling, chill roller release tape, edge trimmers, and label applicators with minimal operator interface. We also interface with roll handling and resin systems to maintain a consistent raw material stream into the machine and promptly address any alarms or malfunctions.
- FlexibilityOur screw designs and extruder size selections address current needs while anticipating future needs to accommodate products not yet developed.
- Operator FriendlyThe intuitive layout of the Integrator control system in the U.S. and Exact system in Europe instill operator confidence from the first use. Background systems for troubleshooting, drawing catalogs, and set-up information combined with Internet updates keep the system software current and performance optimized.
- Modular Designs“Plug and play” accurately describes our extrusion coating and laminating equipment. Individual machine sections are designed to be independent links in the chain. PLC’s, drive controllers, motor starters, etc. all reside within the machine section. Upon arrival at the customer’s plant, after the mechanical installation, minimal time is required to install the power, communication, and pneumatic connections to achieve machine operation.
- Custom SolutionsWhen our standard components might not completely satisfy the customer’s needs, we have an experienced and creative engineering staff to help custom design unique solutions for your particular needs. High speed and high output designs are common.