Our continuous winding and unwind systems and slitter rewinders are recognized as the most advanced and dependable on the market. We supply the industry’s largest selection of unwinding and winding equipment with specific process features for superior wound roll conformation and processing efficiency. This includes technology and application expertise to support all converting applications from the most simplistic to the most extensive, on a global scale. Our proven designs ensure a high degree of dependability and limited downtime. We offer process specific winding and unwinding solutions with complete processing lines or as a component for solution coating, extrusion coating, film (blown, flat, embossed, oriented, blown), non woven, and specialty applications. With the Black Clawson Converting Machinery, Egan, and ER-WE-PA product names under the Davis-Standard umbrella, we, along with our German subsidiary, are well equipped to support your process and end use application.
Features & Benefits
- Custom, compact solutionsOur pre-engineered, modular and custom winding solutions can accommodate any application, processing space, and budget.
- VersatilityWinders are available in multiple core sizes and with dual direction winding capabilities. This includes wide width, high speed, and small diameter core shaft designs.
- In-line processesWe offer in-line slitting with and without bleed trims to support your process specifications.
- Transfer systemsMultiple transfer systems are available for tape or no tape core starts including no fold back designs.
- No waste designsTo limit waste, we offer minimal to zero finished top roll waste designs.
- Programmable systemsLay-on roll loading systems are programmable from feather light to firm.
- Winding methodsWe offer a variety of center, surface-center, or surface winding methods.
- Splicing systemsOur splicing systems feature cut-off systems that eliminate serrated blades for straight line, debris-less cuts. Controlled tail length and core detection minimizes scrap and improves efficiency. A broad range of incoming roll diameters with a ratio of 4:1 can be spliced on the same machine.
- Automated handlingRoll and core handling systems range from operator sequenced to fully automatic.
- Digital control100 percent digital control systems make our systems operator friendly.
- Easy installation and controlModular "plug and play" equipment is available to simplify installation and start-up.