H Beam winding and unwind systems are built for efficiency and profitability for rolls greater than 50 inches (1,270mm) in diameter. These systems are capable of line speeds up to 3,000 fpm (914 mpm) and are designed for solution coating and extrusion coating applications such as adhesive laminating and board coating. Shafted or shaftless individually adjustable arm configurations and dual direction capabilities provide processor versatility. H Beam systems are capable of handling rolls up to 84 inches (2,134mm) in diameter, up to 15,000 pounds (6,800) and in widths up to 200 inches (5,080mm).
Highlights of the H Beam arm turrets
- 40-inch (1,016) differential from max to min web width.
- Mechanical expanding chucks for shaftless applications or self centering taper noses for shafted applications.
- Auto inflation capability.
- Spindle drive motors mounted off the turret arms.
- Hand-held pendant station for chucking.
- Integrated controls using Allen Bradley PanelView operator interface and Control Logix plc platform. Other systems available as options.
- Optional+/- 1.5-inch (38mm) arm side shift for unwind applications.
- Optional auxiliary lay-on rolls for winding applications.
Highlights of H Beam with model 527 roll changer, center or center surface
- Pneumatic loaded pressure roll with tension compensation circuit.
- Patented knife transfer system provides reliable, straight line, no fold back transfers.
- Pre-wind spreading capability.
- Gap or contact winding features.
- Shear or score slitting of edge trim.
Highlights of H Beam with model 500 splicer
- Built for rolls over 50 inches (1,270mm) in diameter.
- Ideal for medium to heavy duty substrates.
- Over-under splicing capabilities.
- Paster roll system is self leveling.
- Paster roll construction designed for specific application.
- Dancer tension control.
- Reduced tail length control.
- Capability to change direction "on the fly."
- Optional accutail splice system.