The Horizontal winder provides a cost and time-saving alternative by eliminating the slitting and rewinding steps for most processes, as well as scrap. This winder is widely used among hygienic film producers for applications such as diaper film, breathable film, and non-woven coating processes. High-speed, in-line slitting capabilities make the Horizontal a viable alternative to traditional turret winders. The winder's scrapless transfer mechanism generates high yields for extrusion applications by indexing the new core into a transfer position while the transfer is made without indexing the final roll. This is a faster, more efficient process when compared to standard turret winders which produce scrap during the index cycle of a full roll.
Highlights of Horizontal
- Capable of in-line slitting to widths of 3 inches (75mm) across a 120-inch (3,048mm) web at speeds up to 600 mpm (1,968 fpm).
- Scrapless transfer mechanism for high yields.
- Available with a roll diameter of 40 to 60 inches (1,016 to 1,524mm).
- Options such as automatic core feed and roll removal.
- Offered with U.S. or European electrical configurations.