Meridian winding and unwind systems are built for efficiency and profitability for rolls up to 50 inches (1,270mm) in diameter. These systems are capable of line speeds to 3,000 fpm (914 mpm) and designed for solution coating and extrusion coating applications such as silicone coating, label stock, and flexible packaging snack bags. Shaftless, individually adjustable arm configurations and dual direction capabilities provide processor versatility. Meridian systems are capable of handling rolls up to 8,000 pounds (3,628 kg) and in widths up to 160 inches (4,064mm).
Highlights of the Meridian individual adjustable arm turret
- Phantom axis compact design.
- 40-inch (1,016mm) differential from max to min web width.
- Drive side and operator side spindles are both fitted with mechanical expanding chucks.
- Internal disk brake included with chucks for additional e-stop capability.
- Auto inflation capability.
- Spindle drive motors are mounted on the turret arms.
- Hand-held pendant station for chucking.
- Integrated controls using Allen Bradley PanelView operator interface and Control Logix plc platform. Other systems available as options.
- Optional+/- 2-inch (50mm) arm side shift for unwind applications.
- Optional auxiliary lay-on rolls for winding applications.
Highlights of Meridian unwind splicer
- Knives mounted on the turret to aid in splice reliability at elevated line speeds.
- Capability to change unwind direction "on the fly" is standard.
- Driven splicer carriage allows for contact or gap unwinding.
- Large diameter, low inertia web driven paster rolls.
- Dancer tension control.
- Foil splicing to 600 mpm (1,968 fpm).
- Accutail splice control system.
Highlights of meridian roll changer
- Programmable control of winding parameters.
- Precision transducers used for accurate and responsive tension control.
- Available with multiple core sizes.
- Minimum fold over fly knife/brush assembly provided as standard or optional.
- Patented stationary knife system for straight line, no fold back transfers.
- Driven horizontal carriage with precision horizontal light nip layon system or pendulum lay-on for center/surface application.
- Optional dancer tension control.