Davis-Standard, LLC manufactures single screw compounding systems for use in polymer compounding applications. Systems are custom engineered to satisfy specific application and customer requirements. Designs are engineered based on several parameters including solids feeding, compression and melting, mixing, devolatization, decompression and pelletizing. Extruders are available with high torque air or water-cooled options. Both cold feed and hot feed extruder designs are available. Davis-Standard supplies control systems, feedscrews, feeding systems and associated downstream equipment.
The extruders feature heavy-duty gear reducers, specially designed feed throats, single or multi-venting, proven screw designs and advanced process controls. All Davis-Standard compounding systems meet or exceed the CE regulations and encompass extruders from 1.25-inches (30mm) to 12-inches (305mm). The systems include process specific feed systems including ram stuffer, dual diameter, hot melt and standard designs. All systems incorporate process engineered feedscrew designs with optional venting. Complete process feed systems for volumetric, gravimetric, weigh blending or starve feeding of the materials are also provided as required.
Each system is custom engineered to meet your exact specifications. To determine which system is right for your operation, Davis-Standard engineers will work with you to analyze how the following parameters fit your process requirements:
- Material feeding
- Compression and melting
- Development of a homogenous melt
- Addition of non-melting materials or low melt viscosity components
- Decompression, addition homogenizing and development of suitable discharge pressure
Davis-Standard has set the standard in single screw compounding systems. We offer one of the most comprehensive product lines in the industry. We have the experience, knowledge, and testing facilities to produce optimum single screw compounding systems for your particular application.
We supply a complete line of reclaim extruders and systems for post industrial and post consumer processing. This includes reprocessing capabilities for low and high bulk density scrap, lightweight feedstocks, printed scrap, foam scrap, fiber scrap, rolled scrap, and loose film scrap.
Reclaim extruders can be built to process various materials at rates from 50 to 12,000 lbs. (23 to 5,400 kg) per hour. Extruder designs include ram feeder, dual diameter, and tangential feed as needed to address process requirements.
Ram Stuffer Extruders
- Diameters: 3 1/2-inch (90mm), 4 1/2-inch (115mm), 6-inch (150mm), 8-inch (200mm)
- Designed for reclaiming low bulk density feed stocks
- Pneumatic ram to stuff material into the screw
- Extra large feed throat to maximize feeding in low bulk density material
Scrapper® Dual Diameter Extruders
- Extra large feed throat and feed assist components for added efficiency
- Widely used ram stuffer and crammer extruders available
- Models: 350/600 (Process/Feed), 450/800 (Process/Feed), 650/1000 (Process/Feed)
- Ideal for processing scrap in web form directly from rolls, low or high bulk density material
- Feed assist component eliminates cost of shredding, grinding, and densification
Specialized Extrusion Systems
- Merritt Cascade SystemThis system is a cost-effective venting solution for reclaiming materials and producing high quality pellets. The Merritt Cascade effectively removes moisture/ink levels from raw materials such as PE, Nylon, PET and PP.
- Merritt Polycycle® SystemThis all-in-one system is equipped with a ram feeder or wide mouth feed to take material from scrap to pellet.
- Low bulk density scrap
- High bulk density scrap
- Light weight feedstocks
- Printed scrap
- Foam scrap
- Fiber scrap
- Scrap on a roll
- Loose film scrap