We offer a full line of control systems to accommodate a range of budgets and process parameters. From discrete control to complete supervisory control, we have some of the industry’s most efficient control solutions.
All Davis-Standard control systems are custom engineered in-house to insure system applicability and reliability. We design and manufacture custom drives and controls, production line motor drives, extrusion and process temperature, pressure and gauging controls. The company also manufactures patented dual thermocouple and advanced touchscreen control systems capable of a variety of functions.
EPIC III™ - High-Level Control for Complex Systems
Davis-Standard's EPIC III™ is an advanced Windows®-based touch screen extrusion process control system offering complete plant management and process control capabilities. Advantages include:
- Adaptable and expandable touch screen displays
- Supervisory features: event logging, customized reports, SQC, historical trending, maintenance/troubleshooting, pressure set-up and more
- Partial and complete line overview, detailed extruder data, recipe creation/storage, etc.
- iFIX™ SCADA software for Windows®
- ControlLogix™ PLC platform (optional Siemens S-7)
- Connectivity solutions for remote data access via laptop and Web browsing
- Object linking and embedding for Process Control (OPC)
- A multiple-level security system to protect set-up functions and accessibility
- Network capability for remote monitoring of multiple systems
- Available DVD writer and removable hard drive for secure system data back-ups
ReACT Support Program
- Provide customers with high–speed remote trouble-shooting support from Davis-Standard via a secure internet connection.
- Uses Standard Internet Explorer®.
- Provides real-time viewing and control of EPIC screens and PLC without affecting the current application.
- Provides a faster response to customer needs regarding EPIC III/PLC controls or process issues.
- Service is intended for troubleshooting and process support.
- Accomplished utilizing third hard drive which is connected by customer for support.
DS-eVUE - Affordable, Mid-Level Process Control
The DS-eVue Combines many features of EPIC III with low-cost needs of previous HMI applications. Features include:
- 15-inch widescreen
- Graphics overview
- Event log
- Data collection
- WEB interface (2 concurrent users)
- Email notifications
- FDA-21 Part 11 Ready
- Electronic signatures
DS-TPC (Touch Panel Control) - Comprehensive Discrete Control
This control package offers integrated touch-screen control at discrete pricing. Advantages include:
- Coordinated line drive control (standard feature)
- Operator friendly design
- Cold start inhibit
- High and high-high alarms for each pressure point
- Recipe creation and storage
- Provision for system networking to a supervisory computer via Ethernet LAN
- Pre-configured and engineered levels with added temperature and line control options
- Optional closed loop pressure control for melt pump operation, additional line drive and heat zones.
- Optional line drive
- Hand-held operator interface available as an option with EPIC III (iFIX)
- 10.4-inch touch screen
- Wireless connection to EPIC
- Windows embedded
- Includes docking station, USB ports, charger, and solid-state drive.
- Rugged design for industrial environment
- Allows the operator to access functions while in areas not practical for typical OCS locations
- Option also provides concurrent remote viewing of EPIC on office PC with Internet Explorer®
- Functions of the tablet include:
- Process Overview Screen: View process data; similar to the existing EPIC.
- Temperature Screens: Set-points can be changed. Group Select included.
- Line Control Screens: Drive set-points can be changed.
- Historical Trend: Trend groups can be selected, created and data viewed. Historical data is stored on the EPIC.
- Alarms: New and current alarms can be viewed also acknowledged; the alarms will be logged locally on the EPIC.
- Print Report: Reports can be printed at the EPIC.
- Security: Engineer, Supervisor and Operator groups.