Our sheet systems are globally recognized for reliability, accuracy, high outputs, and processing efficiency. We manufacture equipment for foam, flexible and rigid sheet extrusion, and single and multi-layer coextrusion applications up to nine layers. Our systems support customers in the appliances, automotive, construction, footwear, furniture and carpets, packaging and film, personal care, and medical markets.
Sheet System Advantages
- Winding SystemsA variety of winders including two-shaft turret winders with differential pneumatic winding shafts and automatic cut and transfer are available.
- Single Source TechnologyWe offer customers one source for all their system needs. This includes control systems, feedscrews, sheet dies, melt pumps, dual laminating pay-offs, roll coaters, rotary shears, and thickness measurement systems with thickness optimization control for sheet from .008 inches (0.2mm) to over 1 inch (25mm).
- Roll Stand VersatilityStandard and customized roll stands in upstack, downstack, vertical, horizontal, and J-stack configurations are available. Customized options include four, five or more cooling rolls as well as automatic drive controls and hands free nip gap force adjustment.
- Equipment with Fast DeliveryOur XP Express® roll stand system is versatile, cost-effective, and available for fast delivery. Designed for nearly every sheet and packaging application, it has capabilities for lamination, coating, auxiliary cooling, slitting and trimming, embossing, and protective film.
- High Density Polyethylene
- Other Thermoplastic Materials
EPIC III™ Supervisory Control
The EPIC III™ is a high-level Windows®-based control system with plant management and extension process control capabilities. Advantages include:
- Adaptable and expandable touch screen displays
- Supervisory features: event logging, customized reports, SQC, historical trending, maintenance/troubleshooting, pressure set-up and more
- Partial and complete line overview, detailed extruder data, recipe creation/storage, etc.
- iFIX™ SCADA software for Windows® 2000
- ControlLogix™ PLC platform (optional Siemens S-7)
- Connectivity solutions for remote data access via laptop and Web browsing
- Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE)
- Object Linking and Embedding for Process Control (OPC)
- A multiple-level security system to protect set-up functions and accessibility
- Network capability for remote monitoring of multiple systems
- Available DVD writer and removable hard drive for secure system data back-ups
Extruders for Sheet Applications
- Diameters: 1 1/2-inch to 12-inch (40mm-305mm)
- Top of the line for all polymer requirements
- Air or water-cooled as standard
- Integral or free standing control panel
- Double reduction gearbox with hardened gears available
- Pressure lubrication on gearbox
- Diameters: 2 inch (50mm), 2 1/2-inch (65mm), 75mm, 3 1/2-inch (90mm), 100mm, 4 1/2-inch (114mm)
- Standard cost effective design
- Double reduction gearbox
- Air cooled
- Control panel mounted on base
- Quick delivery
Mark Series Extruders
- Diameters: 2-inch (50mm), 2 1/2-inch (65mm), 3-inch (75mm), 3 1/2-inch (90mm), 4 1/2-inch (114mm)
- 24:1 or 30:1 L/D ratio
- Economical design
- Double reduction internal lubricated gearbox
- Air and water cooled available
PP and PET Sheet Lines
These lines are engineered to produce packaging grade thermoformable sheet either in-line, as converter grade rolls for single lane forming, or as winding rolls up to 60 inches (1,500mm) in diameter. Thickness ranges are from 0.008 to 0.120 inches (0.2 to 3mm) for cups, containers, trays and lid stock. We have proven experience with PET materials including recyclable PET in flake form, low bulk density PET, 100 percent post-consumer waste, and virgin APET.
PS and ABS Sheet Lines
We supply PS sheet lines for single serve cups, bowls, plates, and food service applications either in-line or wound from 0.010 to 0.200 inches (.25 to 5mm). Coextrusion arrangements are available for multi-layer configurations including appliance and refrigeration units. ABS sheet lines are available in mono and multi-layer arrangements for thicknesses from 0.030 to 0.350 inches (.76 to 9mm) in widths up to and over 120 inches (3,048mm).
PMMA Sheet Lines
PMMA sheet extrusion lines are available for lighting diffusers and signage in thicknesses up to 0.300 inches (7.6mm) and in widths up to 130 inches (3,300mm) wide. Coextrusion options are also available.
Heavy Gauge Sheet Lines
HDPE and PP heavy gauge sheet extrusion is available for thermoformable industrial and recreational products. This includes heavier thicknesses for sanitary walls and partitions and hydrocarbon tank liners up to 1 1/2 inches (38mm) thick. Capabilities for coextrusion cap layers and regrind recycling layers are also available.
High Barrier and High Temperature Sheet Lines
Our barrier sheet extrusion lines are engineered to produce performance packaging for products with an extended shelf life such as "meals ready to eat" (MRE) as well as those for pharmaceutical, medical and cosmetic applications. These systems are also widely used for industrial products that provide moisture, serve as grease and gas vapor barriers, and automotive hydrocarbon storage tanks.