Davis-Standard’s success in implementing technology has been paramount to the company’s ability to turn customer ideas into successful products. Extensive R&D capabilities, including a range of comprehensive pilot lines for testing and proving new applications, enable both the Converting and Extrusion Systems’ groups to work side-by-side with customers. Davis-Standard’s engineering team is focused on technology that improves efficiency, reduces energy and minimizes scrap. Specifically, the company has excelled in proven market-driven solutions.
Components of major lines are readily tailored to address customer needs. This can be as simple as combining existing design elements in a unique way or developing a new solution to enhance existing capabilities.
Davis-Standard has mastered the art of working with progressive customers and industry partners to break old paradigms and develop product platforms that excel in the marketplace.
- Packaged Solutions
From concept to reality, experienced engineering teams turn specific objectives into high performance manufacturing. Well-equipped pilot facilities enable customers to test and prototype concepts, building a foundation of confidence.
- Technology Leadership
By consistently reviewing technology fundamental to the industry, Davis-Standard addresses major initiatives such as lowering energy consumption. In some instances, this involves partnerships with other industry-leading suppliers.
The results speak for themselves:
- A cast stretch film winder with the fastest cycle time in the industry.
- A scrapless winder that eliminates scrap during winder indexing.
- A high efficiency dryer for priming applications.
- Environmentally friendly pelletizer technology for recycling.
- Use of bioresins for flexible and rigid packaging.
- Expanded medical tubing capabilities.
- High-speed extruders to improve return on investment.
- Direct drive extruders for better power transmission.
- New screw designs to boost productivity.
- More efficient heating and cooling systems.
- Energy saving barrel heaters.
- Green solutions for battery separator, solar and electronics applications.
Let Davis-Standard engineer a custom, high technology solution for you!